How to sign-up for a trip
Vancouver Skiers can sign-up for trips using one of the following methods:
1. Register by mail:
- Refer to the Trip Schedule page for trip options
- Select your trip and contact the trip leader via email or telephone. (Contact information for trip leaders is shown on each individual trip page.)
- When the trip leader confirms space is available, provide your name, pick-up location, and rooming preferences.
To pay for the trip: mail your cheque to the Trip Leader (who will provide a mailing address). Guidelines for writing a cheque are shown below. Be sure to review the trip cancellation policy (outlined below) prior to registering for a trip. Be sure to review the trip cancellation policy (outlined below) prior to registering for a trip.
2. To register online*, go to the Trip Schedule page, and choose the trip you wish to sign up for. Follow the link for online registration (*processing fees apply.) Be sure to review the trip cancellation policy (outlined below) prior to registering for a trip online.
Note: You must be a Vancouver Skiers member to participate in a club trip.
See the Become a Member page.
Printable Trip Schedule
Check out our Printable Trip Schedule for a listing of the Vancouver Skiers trips scheduled for the 2019/2020 season.
Use the Trip Sign-up Strip to provide your trip information to the Trip Leader.
Guidelines for writing a cheque
Make cheques payable to “The Vancouver Skiers.” Indicate trip name and date on the front of your cheque. Write your name on the cheque if you share a joint bank account. Cheques may be post-dated but must be dated no later than 32 days before the trip departure date.
Trip Cancellation Policy
1. For cancellations made 32 days*or more prior to the trip start date, members receive a full refund of the amount paid (members who paid for trips online [via Zone4] will be refunded trip fees minus the processing fee).
(*Silverstar is an exception—see trip page for details)
2. For cancellations made less than 32 days prior to the trip start date, members do not receive a refund. Exceptions are as follows:
- If the Vancouver Skiers trip has a waitlist and a replacement is available, the member will receive a full refund of the amount paid (exception—members who paid for a trip online will be refunded the amount paid, minus processing fees).
- If there is no waitlist for the trip, a member can arrange for another member to take their place. (A replacement Skier should be of the same gender.) Contact the Trip Leader to provide information regarding the “replacement” Skier.
- If a member cancels a trip because of injury, illness or a family emergency, the Vancouver Skiers may refund 50% of the amount paid (with the exception of members who paid for a trip online, who will be refunded 50% of the amount paid, minus processing fees). A member must apply in writing to the Executive who then determines whether the refund application will be accepted.
Please advise the trip leader if you are unable to attend a trip so the bus is not waiting for you at the departure point.
If the Vancouver Skiers Executive cancels a trip (due to an insufficient number of registrants, poor snow conditions, etc.) you will receive a full refund.
All refunds will be issued through the Vancouver Skiers, including those who registered online. Please note that Zone4 (our online registration vehicle) does not process refunds.
If you are cancelling a trip more than 32 days in advance of the trip departure date, please contact your Trip Leader. If you are cancelling a trip less than 32 days prior to the trip departure date, please inform the Trip Leader, and contact a member of the Vancouver Skiers Executive (see Contacts) by email or letter. Please note the Cancellation Policy shown in the section above.
Ontario Street and East 30th. Our pick-up location is on Ontario street, in front of the Nat Bailey Stadium parking lot which is located at approximately East 31st. (Although East 31st does not connect to Ontario Street.) East 30th is the closest street that connects with Ontario. Overnight parking is permitted in front of the park on the east side of Ontario Street (across from Nat Bailey stadium). Unrestricted parking can also be found between 33rd and 37th on the west side of Ontario Street. Please allow sufficient time to park your vehicle. Google Map
Boundary & Lougheed – The bus will stop on the southbound lane on Boundary, (west side of the road) between 4th and Lougheed. Park your car on 4th Ave. Please park on the north side as the south side of 4th has some parking restrictions. Google Map
Langley – Sandman Hotel, 8855, 202 Street, Langley (north side of the highway). Exit at 58 (200 Street, Langley) and then take 200 Street north to 88 Avenue. Turn right on 88 Avenue, and go straight to 202 Street. Turn left on 202 Street, left to enter the hotel and right into the parking lot. Google Map
West Vancouver – Please board the bus in the parking lot of St. Davids Church. St. Davids is at the Upper Levels Highway and Taylor Way. Do not leave your car in the church parking lot. This pickup location is for westbound trips only. Google Map
Room Allocation Policy:
Trip costs are based on shared accommodation. The majority of hotel rooms have two queen or two double beds, we allocate two people per room with each person having their own bed. You will be allocated to share a room with someone of the same gender unless requested otherwise.
If you wish to share a room with a particular person, please ensure that both of you clearly indicate this on your sign-up strip and/or notify the trip leader. Couples may be allocated a room with just one queen/double/king bed.
If three or four people wish to room together and share the beds, please contact the trip leader with the names of those individuals who wish to share. You will probably pay a slightly lower cost for the trip (ask your trip leader), although some hotels do charge extra for the 3rd or 4th person in a room.
Silverstar: The room configurations on the Silverstar trip are different. The hotel provides us with one and two-bedroom units and some rooms include an alcove with bunk beds. The bedrooms include queen beds, twin beds, bunk beds, and pull out sofa beds. Anyone who ends up sleeping in an alcove, top bunk, or sofa bed will receive a rebate. Those members paying the standard price may choose to have their own bed (twin, lower bunk, or double) or to share a queen bed. You will be asked to indicate your preference when you sign up. The choices are limited and you may go on to a waitlist if your preferred bed choice is unavailable.