How to sign-up for a trip*
Vancouver Skiers can sign-up for trips using one of the following methods:
*Vancouver Skiers bus trips, and participation at all in-person club events, require that you be fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved in Canada and have completed the 2-week waiting period for full immunity to develop.
1. Register online:
- Go to the Trip Schedule page and select a trip
- Follow the link for online registration (Zone4 processing fees apply)
- Be sure to review the trip cancellation deadline and policy (outlined below) prior to registering for a trip online
2. Register by mail:
- Go to the Trip Schedule page and select a trip
- Review the trip cancellation deadline and policy (outlined below) prior to registering for a trip
- Contact the trip leader (contact information is on each trip page)
- After the trip leader confirms space is available, send a cheque (see guidelines below) and the completed Trip Sign-up Strip to the Trip Leader.
Note: You must be a Vancouver Skiers member to sign up for a club trip
See Become a Member and sign up or renew your annual membership
Printable Trip Schedule
Download our Printable Trip Schedule for a PDF copy of the Vancouver Skiers trips scheduled for the 2021/22 season
Guidelines for writing a cheque
- Make cheques payable to The Vancouver Skiers
- Indicate the trip name/date on the front of your cheque
- Write your name on the cheque if you share a joint bank account
- Cheques may be post-dated, but no later than 32 days prior to the trip departure date
Trip Cancellation Policy
- For cancellations made on or before the cancellation date published on the trip page members receive a full refund of the amount paid (members who paid for trips online [via Zone4] will be refunded trip fees minus the processing fee).
- For cancellations made less than 32 days prior to the trip start date, members do not receive a refund.
Exceptions are as follows:
- If the Vancouver Skiers trip has a waitlist and a replacement is available, the member will receive a full refund (members who paid online will be refunded the trip fee minus processing fees)
- If there is no waitlist for the trip, a member can arrange for another member to take their place Approve the replacement skier with the Trip Leader first (replacement skier should be the same gender)
- If a member cancels a trip due to injury, illness, or a family emergency—the Vancouver Skiers may refund 50% of the amount paid (members who paid online will be refunded 50% minus processing fees). The member must apply in writing to the Executive who will then determine whether the refund application will be accepted.
Please advise the trip leader if you are unable to attend a trip so the bus is not waiting for you at the departure point
If the Vancouver Skiers Executive cancels a trip (due to an insufficient number of registrants, poor snow conditions, etc.) a full refund will be issued (minus Zone4 fees for online registrants)
All refunds will be issued through the Vancouver Skiers, including those who registered online. Please note Zone4 (online registration portal) does not process refunds
If you are canceling a trip more than 32 days in advance of the trip departure date, please contact your Trip Leader. If you are canceling a trip less than 32 days prior to the trip departure date, please inform the Trip Leader.
Ontario Street and East 30th. Our pick-up location is on Ontario street, in front of the Nat Bailey Stadium parking lot which is located at approximately East 31st. (Although East 31st does not connect to Ontario Street.) East 30th is the closest street that connects with Ontario. Overnight parking is permitted in front of the park on the east side of Ontario Street (across from Nat Bailey stadium). Unrestricted parking can also be found between 33rd and 37th on the west side of Ontario Street. Please allow sufficient time to park your vehicle and note all parking restrictions. Google Map
Boundary & Lougheed – The bus will stop on the southbound lane on Boundary (west side of the road) between 4th and Lougheed. Park your car on 4th Ave. Please park on the north side as the south side of 4th Ave has some parking restrictions. Google Map
Langley – Sandman Hotel, 8855, 202 Street, Langley (north side of the highway). Exit at 58 (200 Street, Langley) and then take 200 Street north to 88 Avenue. Turn right on 88 Avenue, and go straight to 202 Street. Turn left on 202 Street, left to enter the hotel, and right into the parking lot. Google Map
West Vancouver – Please board the bus in the parking lot of St. Davids Church. St. Davids is at the Upper Levels Highway and Taylor Way. Do not leave your car in the church parking lot. This pickup location is for westbound trips only. Google Map
Room Allocation Policy:
Trip costs are based on shared accommodation. The majority of hotel rooms have two queen or two double beds, we normally assign two people per room and each person will have their own bed (some exceptions apply). Unless otherwise requested—rooms will be allocated by the same gender
If you wish to share a room with a particular person, please ensure both parties clearly indicate this on the sign-up strip and/or notify the trip leader. Couples may be allocated a room with only one double/queen/king bed
If three or four people want to share a room, please contact the trip leader with the names of the individuals sharing the room. This configuration may result in a slightly lower cost depending on hotel policies (ask your trip leader)
SilverStar: Room configurations for this trip are an exception. SilverStar hotels provide rooms with one and two-bedroom units, some rooms have a sofa-bed or an alcove with bunk beds. Members staying in a regular bed or lower bunk will pay the regular trip price. Members staying in an upper bunk, alcove, or sofa-bed will inform the trip leader after the trip as they qualify for a rebate. If you are unwilling or unable to stay in any of rebated bed types, please note this on the signup sheet. The trip leader will do their best to accommodate your preference. Note: standard beds are limited and you may go on to a waitlist if your bed choice is unavailable