COVID-19 Policy + Safety Plan
To participate in Vancouver Skiers bus trips and in-person club events, we require that you have 3 shots minimum against COVID-19, including any booster shots for which you are eligible, with a vaccine approved in Canada and that you have completed the 2-week waiting period for full immunity to develop.
You do not need to be vaccinated to become a member of the club—but proof of vaccination is required to take part in any social event or trip.
Please send proof of vaccination prior to signing up for a trip to our membership chair, who will update the club database. This document provides detailed instructions on how to get your Federal vaccine record.
If you choose to participate—you must follow these rules:
- If you don’t feel well, or are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, you must stay home.
- If you live in a household with someone who has COVID-19, or is showing symptoms of COVID-19, you must stay home.
- Wear a mask while on the bus (this is mandatory).
- Wash your hands before participating and bring hand sanitizer.
- Comply with physical distancing measures at all times.
- Avoid physical contact with others, including shaking hands, high fives, etc.
- Avoid crowding by leaving the ski-related venue as quickly as possible after you finish.
We publish the cancellation date for receiving a refund for each trip on the Vancouver Skiers website under the detailed description of each trip. Normally, the cancellation date is 32 days prior to the trip. After that cancellation date has passed, there will be no refund for the trip for any personal reason. However, all participants will receive full refunds if the club cancels a trip.
If an individual develops symptoms of COVID-19 while on a trip, they should inform the Trip Leader immediately and contact Health Link BC at 811 for guidance. The individual will not be allowed to continue to ride on the bus and will be expected to arrange their own transportation home. As soon as possible, the Trip Leader will inform the other participants on the trip of the situation.
If any club member who has been on a trip, or took part in a club activity within the previous 14 days, finds out they suspect or confirm they have COVID-19, they should inform the Trip Leader immediately. If the Trip Leader cannot be contacted immediately, they should inform any available member of the Club Executive. The Trip Leader should be prepared to provide the health authorities with the contact information for the participants on the trip when contacted by those health authorities.