How to sign-up for a trip
Vancouver Skiers can sign-up for a trip using one of the following methods.
1) To register by mail , go to the Trip Schedule page, select your trip and contact the trip leader via email or telephone. Contact information for trip leaders is shown on the individual Trip page. Once the Trip Leader confirms that space is available, provide your name, pick-up location and rooming preferences to the Trip Leader. To pay for the trip, mail a cheque to the Trip Leader (who will provide his/her mailing address). Be sure to review the trip cancellation policy (outlined below) prior to registering for a trip. Guidelines for writing a cheque are also shown below.
2) To register online, go to the Trip Schedule page, and choose the trip you wish to sign up for. Follow the link for online registration. (Processsing fees will apply.) Be sure to review the trip cancellation policy (outlined below) prior to registering for a trip online.
Note: You must be a Vancouver Skiers member to participate in a club trip. See the Become a Member page.
Printable Trip Schedule
Check out our Printable Trip Schedule for a listing of the Vancouver Skiers trips scheduled for the 2017/2018 season.
Use the Trip Sign-up Strip to provide your trip information to the Trip Leader.
Guidelines for writing a cheque
Make cheques payable to “The Vancouver Skiers.” Indicate the name and date of the trip on the front of your cheque. Write your name if you share a joint bank account. Cheques may be post-dated, but must be dated no later than 32 days before the trip departure date.
Trip Cancellation Policy
1. For cancellations made 32 days or more prior to the trip start date, members receive a full refund of the amount paid (with the exception of members who paid for a trip online, who will be refunded the amount paid, less processing fees).
2. For cancellations made less than 32 days prior to the trip start date, members do not receive a refund. Exceptions are as follows:
- If the Vancouver Skiers trip has a waitlist and a replacement is available, the member will receive a full refund of the amount paid (with the exception of members who paid for a trip online, who will be refunded the amount paid, less processing fees).
- If there is no waitlist for the trip, a member can arrange for another member to take their place. (A replacement Skier should be of the same gender.) Contact the Trip Leader to provide information regarding the "replacement" Skier.
- If a member cancels a trip because of injury, illness or a family emergency, the Vancouver Skiers may refund 50% of the amount paid (with the exception of members who paid for a trip online, who will be refunded 50% of the amount paid, less processing fees). A member must apply in writing to the Executive who then determines whether the refund application will be accepted.
Please advise the trip leader if you are unable to attend a trip so the bus is not waiting for you at the departure point.
If the Vancouver Skiers Executive cancels a trip (due to an insufficient number of registrants, poor snow conditions etc.) you will receive a full refund.
All refunds will be issued through the Vancouver Skiers, including those who registered online. Please note that Zone4 (our online registration vehicle) does not process refunds.
If you are cancelling a trip more than 32 days in advance of the trip departure date, please contact your Trip Leader. If you are cancelling a trip less than 32 days prior to the trip departure date, please inform the Trip Leader, and contact a member of the Vancouver Skiers Executive (see Contacts) by email or letter. Please note the Cancellation Policy shown in the section above.
Ontario Street and East 30th. Our pick-up location is on Ontario street, in front of the Nat Bailey stadium parking lot which is located at approximately East 31st. (Although East 31st does not connect to Ontario Street.) East 30th is the closest through road that connects with Ontario. Overnight parking is permitted in front of the park on the east side of Ontario Street (across from Nat Bailey stadium). Unrestricted parking can also be found between 33rd and 37th on the west side of Ontario street. Please allow sufficient time to park your vehicle. Google Map
Boundary & Lougheed – The bus will stop on the south bound lane on Boundary, (west side of the road) between 4th and Lougheed. Park your car on 4th Ave. Please park on the north side as the south side of 4th has some parking restrictions. Google Map
Langley – Sandman Hotel, 8855, 202 Street, Langley (north side of the highway). Exit at 58 (200 Street, Langley) and then take 200 Street north to 88 Avenue. Turn right on 88 Avenue, and go straight to 202 Street. Turn left on 202 Street, left to enter hotel and right into the parking lot. Google Map
West Vancouver – Please board the bus in the parking lot of St. Davids church. St. Davids is at the Upper Levels Highway and Taylor Way. Do not leave your car in the church parking lot. This pick up location is for west bound trips only. Google Map
Room Allocation Policy
"SHARED" Bed. Most of our accommodations consist of standard hotel rooms with two double/queen size beds. When signing-up as a “SHARED Bed” you will be sharing a room with 2 or 3 other people and will have to share a (double or queen) bed with another person of the same gender.
"OWN" Bed. When signing-up as an “OWN Bed” (Double or Queen bed) every effort will be made to match you with another person who has chosen “OWN Bed." In this case, there will be 2 people (per room) in their own bed. If no other “OWN Bed” (Double/Queen) has signed-up you may have to share the room with two people who are sharing a bed ("SHARED bed"). Subsequently, as an “OWN Bed” registrant, you will have a bed all to yourself, but will share the room with 1 or 2 other people.
Couples: As a couple, to obtain your own room with your spouse (or partner), you must pay the "OWN bed" price. This will ensure that no one else is placed in a room with you. Couples will be given a room with either one Double/Queen bed, or a room with two Double/Queen beds.
- For the Silver Star trip, couples may be placed in a 2-bedroom unit in one of the bedrooms. Skiers who have chosen "SHARED BED" will be in a one- or two-bedroom suite that is shared with 3-5 people.
- Members can request roommates. If no request has been made, roommates will be allocated according to gender.
- If three “SHARED bed” registrants of the same gender request a room, a 4th person of the same gender may be added.